We welcomed Lia Hope on July 17, 2009 at 12:30 in the morning after 22.5 hours of labor. She was 6 lbs, 7 ounces and 19.25 inches long. We were still living in Phoenix, AZ at the time and the temperature that day reached a high of 118 degrees! (Yes, 118, that is not a typo). Thank goodness for air conditioning! I woke up at 2:00 am on July 16th with mild contractions... nothing major, I even went to work that morning. Around lunch, I was sent home to go get checked at the Dr. The nurse practitioner, Debbie, said we may or may not be in active labor. We called our family to alert them, and everyone decided to get on their way and fly down. I ended up checking into the hospital around 2:30 that afternoon. My Mom, Shellie (step-mom) and Taylor's Mom, Dad and brother all arrived around 7:30 PM. Several painful and sleepless hours later, Lia was born at 12:30 am, after 50 minutes of pushing. My Dad and brother Adam arrived around 1 AM as well. It was a full house in her labor and delivery room.
The next two weeks, we were blessed to have my Mom be able to stay with us and help us adjust to parenthood. After the first week, my body hit the wall! I do no think I have ever been so tired in my life! Mimi came down a few more times, and Auntie Lola (Kia) came to visit too!
Lia had her first plane ride at 7 weeks old when we flew home to visit Denver for 10 days.
I was fortunate to be able to stay home for 12 weeks before going back to work at Ameriprise. We were blessed to have found home daycare for Lia at LeAnn's house. We LOVE her!! She took Lia right in and made her part of her family everyday. Lia had great friends there too; Caden (who was only a couple weeks younger than Lia) Josh, Emily, Kaley and of course Ross. Going back to work was hard... but knowing Lia was in such GREAT loving care, the transition was not as bad as I imagined.
Halloween 2009- we were in Phoenix. I was a ladybug. Emily, Aunt Stacey, Uncle Sean and Shane came over and we went trick or treating.
Thanksgiving 2009- We celebrated at Kari's house with her whole family. Lia loved playing with Josh!
In December, I was fortunate enough to be offered a job in Denver. The chance to move home to be with our family was surreal and we jumped at the opportunity. It was really hard to leave our friends and family in Phoenix, but we are so happy to be home. We will miss Lia's 1st pediatrician too... Dr. Kristin Shepherd. She is amazing! Great Destination Pediatrics was a great office! She was so great and helpful with us as new parents... especially helping us help Lia with her reflux. Back in Denver, we moved in with Mimi and Grandpa for a few months while Taylor was job hunting and we were househunting... again, we feel so blessed to have such an outpouring of support and love. It is definitely one of the reasons we moved home! I am so happy that our family can see Lia as she hits her milestones and really changes everyday!
So, that catches us up to today, February 20, 2010 when I have decided to start Lia's blog. Brief recap: Currently 7 months old as of a month ago, Lia was 13 lb, 12 ounces (10th percentile for weight). No teeth yet, but seems to be teething Just started sitting up on her own... Says da da da da and what sounds like Hi! starting to wave bye bye (or so Mimi says) :) Sleeping through the night Still nursing morning and night and taking formula in the day with fruits/veggies/oatmeal She LOVES her oatmeal/banana cereal! Loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora the Explorer and Baby Einstein movies. Walks if you hold her hands Really into her Mommy right now. I can't be in the room or she only wants me to hold her. (hard but secretly I LOVE it) At home daycare with Miss Judy, who is wonderful! Her friends at daycare are Brendan, Zoe and Ashton. More to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment