Around 10:30 that morning I got a call at work from Lia's preschool. I dread phone calls from them during the day as it is never good news!!
Sure enough they called to say that Lia was climbing up a pole on the playground and lost her footing, fell and hit her face on the 2x4 support beam and had a cut on her chin that needed medical attention.
I hung up and ran out of work to pick her up. Luckily I only work across the street so I was there right away. Her chin wasn't so much cut as it was split wide open! I will spare you the gross photos! I headed back to pick up my friend Janna so she could drive us to the ER while I held the cloth on her chin.
Taylor met us the Children's hospital ER shortly after we got there. Lia was being very brave but she was so scared. It was heart breaking!

Apparently they no longer need to numb them up with shots but use this lidocaine gel applied with a cotton ball and put on with a bandaid that takes about 30 minutes to work and then they come in, wash out the wound and stitch it up.
Stitches on a 3 year olds chin is one of the hardest, most traumatic and sad things to witness; especially when it's your baby!! Taylor and I had to help the two nurses helping the Dr to secure her arms, legs and head. It took the Dr a while but she did a great job and 7 stitches later she got my baby girls chin all sewed up.
At one point while we were holding her down and lia was squirming and upset and then said "I am stuck." Cracked us all up!
Then she said the light was too bright and wanted sunglasses. Ask and you shall receive my love!

All done! The line is so clean and tight I think it will heal really nice!!


She only has to have them in 5 days so she will get them out Monday. She is ready to be done having "whiskers". Such a brave girl!!
Even through all the trauma she didn't lose her happy spirit. Here she was the next night with a bunch of headbands on just being her sweet, silly self.

Love her so much!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment