Happy New Year 2011!
This New Year's Eve, Taylor and I went downtown with my bestie Kia and her hubby JR to see Big Head Todd play at the Paramount Theater. Grandma and Papa came over to stay with Lia at our house for the night so that we could go out and ring in the New Year.
Kia and Jay had a hotel room at The Brown Palace so we met up with them there to start the night at the Ship's Tavern bar. It was a balmy 5 degrees when we left to head out so we were bundled up! I even wore leggings under my jeans to help, which I don't think it did. It was SO cold!
Here we are ready to head out.
We just had a drink at the Ship's Tavern and started our picture taking. It was Kia's and my mission to fully document the evening!
Then we decided to go to dinner... we planned in advance and were craving our favorite Mexican restaurant in Denver... D' Corazon. We had only a 1 1/2 block walk to catch the Mall ride bus down the 16th Street Mall and I have to say it was the coldest 1 1/2 blocks I have ever walked! Although I must say, we looked cute doing it. :)
As we get off the bus and start walking towards D'Corazon we started running we were so excited, then as we got close we saw the dreaded sign, "CLOSED". What?!?!!? Not knowing where to go, we regrouped at The Rio across the street and had a drink to try to warm up.
At this point it started to feel like we were on a bar crawl for the night heading to all sorts of places.
We decided we would go to Magiano's for dinner since it was across the street from the Paramount so we figured we would eat there, watch the fireworks and go to the concert. First, we had to get a picture in front of D'Corazon. Ha! I love this pic!! I was relieved when we saw that they are just closed for the holidays... not closed for good. Thank Goodness for that!
Luckily we didn't need a reservation at Magiano's and only had to wait about 20 minutes. Kia and I sipped on some yummy Bellini's. mmmmm. Dinner was delicious!
The show didn't start until 9:30 and fireworks didn't start until 9, so we decided to try to go somewhere else for a few to keep warm. We tried Jazz @ Jacks- apparently we were not part of the private party so weren't allowed to stay; then we tried Coyote Ugly who wanted a $20 cover. NO thanks. So, we ended up at Lucky Strike. We didn't bowl, just hung out at the bar and danced in our seats for a bit. We were having tons of fun taking silly pics and killing time. The boys wanted to take "action shots" not posed shots, so here was our best try. Kia has the pics of us... I dont' have them yet so will have to post later.
I ordered some fruity drink which to me tasted like a vacation- all pineapple and fruity tasting. I ended up nick naming it the "vacation". It was a gross blue green color that looked like a major headache in the morning, but I loved it! Here's a pic.
On our way out to watch fireworks, we noticed a photo booth. I CANNOT pass up pics in a photo booth so Kia and I decided to jump in. We were not prepared for the first picture, hence the confused faces. Ha ha!
Then the fireworks started and we had the perfect view from the front door of Lucky Strike! I am so glad we ended up there! The fireworks were beautiful! I tried to take pics w/ my fireworks setting on the camera, but they didn't turn out very well.
Then off to the Paramount we went for our feature show.... Big Head Todd! Our seats were great, however Jay and Taylor made friends w/ the guy who controls who gets into general admission up front and they got us all bracelets so we could go up to our seats or party down on the floor. We even got a picture of him, I think his name was Joey, with the boys.
Big Head Todd was awesome! We had so much fun dancing and singing the night away.
While I was dancing, I noticed this lady with her arm in a sling. As most of you know, I still have a splint on my finger from my cooking accident which broke my finger. I just had to get a picture with her to commiserate. She broke her wrist skiing. Ouch!
And then midnight came around. They had balloons that fell from the ceiling and we counted down with Big Head Todd. What a great way to ring in 2011 and I was with some of the people that I love most!!
Long, exhausting and fun night!!
Here's to a great 2011 to everyone!! May it be a blessed year for all!

No comments:
Post a Comment