Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas!

We really had an amazing Christmas this year!

Christmas Day Taylor and I got up before Lia to get coffee ready, video camera set, etc.  My Mom and Dave spent Christmas Eve at our house so that they could be here when Lia woke up.

I made a delicious breakfast casserole the night before with some of our Honey Baked Ham and eggs, cheese, hash browns and green chiles.  It was perfect because it sits overnight and then can just pop in the oven in the morning.

Needless to say, Lia is a little young this year at 17 months to understand Christmas or really have the full excitement of running down stairs but she did love a room full of all new toys!  She was feeling much better and seemed like her happy, healthy, little self again!  Yay!! 

Taylor and I wore our matching Mickey Mouse Christmas pajamas courtesy of Shellie, my Dad and Carlie.  Lia wore hers too.  We didn't get a family pic in them, but here is me and Taylor bright and early and w/ no makeup on in our jammies. ;)  and one of Lia in her Mickey jammies too. 



Lia really loved all her toys... Santa did good!  She had a ton of fun playing with her new kitchen and really loved her vacuum and all her new babies and her new little bike she got too.  I got her a baby that has a bottle and she loved feeding her babies with it.  Such a good mama!







Mimi and Grandpa also got her this basket of plastic vegetables.  She was having fun carrying them all around and really liked the corn!  Her new favorite thing to do with them is dump the basket out everywhere and throw veggies all over the place... fun!!!



Lia scored a ton of Mickey Mouse stuffed animals and I think it's safe to say she really loves them all equally!  I just love this photo of her snuggled up in her chair, eating puffs with all her babies and Mickeys!



After we finished seeing all that Santa brought, we got ready for the day and waited until my brother came over to have brunch and open presents from each other.  Lia had no interest in opening up presents which surprised me that she didn't get into the paper and bows, but oh well.  She loved seeing even more new toys and books and just had fun playing.

I loved my centerpiece on my table.  I got all the balls at Crate and Barrel.  They were so sparkly and fun, I wish I could leave them out year round.  My friend Nicole gave me the multi colored one on top for Christmas and it fit in perfectly!!




The casserole turned out delicious and was a big hit!  I think I'll make that every Christmas going forward. 
Here are just some fun pics of the family...

Our family.



Mama and Lia




Adam and Taylor



Adam and Lia



The boys watching football



After Lia woke up from her nap, my Dad, Shellie and Carlie came over for presents and Christmas dinner.
Lia loves playing with Auntie Carlie, so she had a great time playing with all her new goodies!  We decided to serve a Honey Baked Ham w/ scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans with thyme and my favorite, southern spoon bread!  It all turned out perfect!

Shellie and Carlie helping me out in the kitchen.



My Dad and Taylor hanging out, probably watching more football



I think we went to bed on Christmas the same time that Lia did as we were exhausted!  Long day, but absolutely perfect!  It was by far one of the best Christmas Eve and Christmas days that I can remember.  We feel very blessed with all we have and most importantly to have such a wonderful family and friends!  Merry Christmas 2010!  Hard to believe it's New Years Eve already!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.