Monday, April 4, 2016

Blogging as Therapy

I was laying in bed last night with my normal one million thoughts flowing through my head and I thought, I need an outlet for this.  I miss writing.  I miss blogging.  I miss being able to go back and read posts that captured moments in my life I want to remember and want my kids, grandkids, etc to be able to remember too.

So, I am going to give this blogging another shot.  I am going to try to stay somewhat current.  We shall see how well that works!  :)

Where are we now?

The girls are 6 1/2 and 2 1/2.  Our life is crazy chaos most days and while we love it most days, we definitely have our moments too!

Lia is in 1st grade.  We moved her from her charter school to a local neighborhood school this year and she is thriving, both academically and socially.  I am so happy for her little heart!  However, we enrolled her in a school which is not our neighborhood home school and now I am plagued with the decision of keeping her there, or moving her again to our home school so she can ride the bus and go to school with her neighborhood friends.  Ugh, it's a decision that is driving me crazy.  I am praying like crazy and hoping a decision will come to me!  It's not as if her school is far, but it does require I drop her off and pick her up and getting everyone out of the house, in the car, buckled in car seats, without tear.... you get my drift.  It makes for several unpleasant mornings for everyone..

Harper is still in Moms' Day Out 1 day a week. She loves going to "school" and playing with her friends and teachers each week.  She will start preschool 2 days a week in August.

I finally pursued my dream of being a hairdresser!  I finished school last November and started working right away as an apprentice at a salon near our home.  After 5 months there I have decided to move on and am going to work at the salon owned by the owners of the cosmetology school I went to.  I am so excited to have the chance to continue my education and continue to increase my confidence doing hair.  It is much more of a challenge than I ever imagined.  Praying that gets easier too. Ha!

Taylor's business is booming.  He is doing great and staying busy but is still home with us a lot.  He's so good at this balancing thing... maybe he can teach me a few tricks.

Our dog, Theo, just turned 2 and he definitely has found his person in Lia.  She is his favorite!

Ok- I gotta get the girls ready and Lia off to school.  Hopefully I'll have more to post soon!

Couple of pictures below of us in December last year... I need to do a photo dump to my computer of our recent pics!

XO
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.