Sunday, August 8, 2010

We're back!

Sorry to have been gone so long from blogging world...

As many of you know, I had sinus surgery a couple of days after Lia's 1st birthday. It's too soon to tell if it was successful, but it was my 3rd surgery in 8 years to I am praying it is the last one I will ever need! At any rate, we haven't really been doing much and I have failed to have my camera close by, so I have been bad in obtaining new photos. I finally got it out this week and will try to catch up.

Let's see, what has happened in the last few weeks? Lia is still walking around everywhere... sometimes pretty much running already. It amazes me that it was just over a month ago that she started walking. Time is flying by!! I love every changing minute! She says Mama, Dada, Mmmmmmmm (sometimes for food, but mostly in response to "what does a cow say?") This week she also copied me when I told her "no, no". Great 4th word to learn. :) Better than some alternatives I suppose.

She loves climbing on things and loves climbing the stairs. We now have our safety gates installed and close all the time. If they are open even a brief second, Lia will make a break for the stairs and as soon as she is up one, she turns around and giggles. Little stinker!

Her favorite games are peek a boo and hide and seek. She will hide behind anything she can think of: food, her hands, walls, chairs, baby dolls, blankie's, balls, couches, blinds, etc. And usually she isn't really "hiding" as she likes to be able to be peeking the whole time. It is hysterical. She is really such a ham!

A new baby started at her daycare this week. So now it is Lia, Brendan, Zoe and Vincent (VJ). The first three are really close in age and play great together. VJ is just a little guy at 3 1/2 months, but I'm sure they will soon show him the ropes. We think Lia and Brendan are boyfriend/girlfriend... they are so cute together. The favorite part of my day is watching them interact in the morning. Where one goes, the other is. Just this last Friday, they were playing "hide and seek" behind the glass sliding door and came around and gave each other the sweetest 1st kiss! My heart about melted! Where is a camera when you need one for those moments?! Really, so sweet!

Here are some pics of Lia playing Peek a boo while eating spaghetti... talk about messy! And some of her hiding by the china cabinet. I love that she thinks she is hiding; even in plain sight.













Saturday morning, Lia and Dada got up and went up to Bailey, CO to visit w/ Nan. Kim and her kids, Morgan Ann and Max were there too. Taylor said Lia was running everywhere playing hide and seek too. He was able to get a couple pics of her... which is impossible these days as she is always in action. Busy little body.







Then Grandma and Papa came over to watch her for the afternoon so we could run some errands. Thank you!!!~ It is so much easier to run around without her in the car sometimes, and much quicker too. We all went out to dinner (Mexican) after. Delicious!!

Lia got a purple bouncy ball from Auntie Carlie for her birthday and she just loves carrying it around. I was able to get a couple of shots of her lifting it and pounding on it. She is also into climbing things...here she is trying to climb over her monkey ball ramp to get to her toy bins. Man she loves that monkey ball ramp... probably one of the best purchases I have made. (and I got it 60% off on the day after Thanksgiving). Score. :) I love the last picture in this group. Her face is priceless! She is really working on keeping that ball over her head!







Today, we have just been hanging out a home, relaxing, doing laundry and enjoying the outside. The weather here has been so nice in the mornings. It has been raining just about every afternoon- but that's ok... you should see my garden!! Who knew zucchinis could get so big?!? And overnight!! I need some new zucchini recipes!

Since most of our deck was shady this morning, Lia played around in her water table. She loves that table, but she also found out, she really likes the hose too. She kept looking up at all the airplanes she could hear as they flew over. So stinking cute!! Lia and her daycare friends loved playing in her table so much at Lia's bday party that Judy (her daycare provider) has been trying ever since to make a home made water table at daycare. This week, the Moms all chipped in and Brendans Mom shopped all over to find one still available this late in the season and we surprised Judy with it. She was so appreciative and happy and the kids love it!!



















On her tip toes...



Playing peek a boo around the patio furniture- I LOVE this face!! My heart!



Now just getting ready to head over to see Granddad, YiaYia and Auntie Carlie! They ordered Lia a replica Christmas baby like the one she is inseparable from! I found it on Ebay, but didn't realize it has blonde hair instead of brown. I don't think she will notice. Hopefully she loves this blonde baby as much as her other one. I can't wait until holiday season when they hopefully have many more too! Then we might go swim at Grandma and Papa's if the water is warm enough. More pictures to come. We also are having Lia's one year professional photos taken next weekend by my friend Danica who I haven't seen in almost 4 years!! I can't wait to share those with you!!

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.