Sunday, September 26, 2010

Catch up time

Sorry for being gone so long, we have been sooooo busy on our weekends lately that I have not had much time to blog. I also have been terrible about bringing the camera with us when we are out and about so I am lacking in pictures.

After our 1st night away from Lia on August 21, we did it all again on Aug 28th. Only this time, Eric and Elizabeth stayed over with Lia and treated us to a night at the Oxford downtown. This is the hotel we had our wedding reception at and stayed at as our first night as Mr. and Mrs. Mason. We took the lightrail down to Union Station... which took forever by the way, but was fun to try out.





At first, they gave us a really cute room, but it had ZERO view... pictures below.




After Taylor went back down to the desk to tell them it was our anniversary and we had our wedding reception there three years ago, we were upgraded to a delux room with a view of downtown. Much better!!






Then we went for a nice and YUMMY romantic dinner at Vesta Dipping Grill, courtesy of my Mom and Dave as an anniversary present. It was a lot of fun and super yummy food! I love all the dipping sauces! Then we stopped by the Capital Grill real quick for my favorite drink, the Stoli Doli. If you have not had this drink, it is a must to try! All it is is pineapple infused vodka in a super cold martini glass. DELISH!! Then we were off to Comedy Works. I completely forgot who we saw, but he was really funny. The main opener was the best though! We had great seats since we got there so early! I love a good laugh! Great way to spend some time together, just me and Taylor! It was a lot of fun! Thanks to Grandma and Papa for babysitting and thanks to them and Mimi and Grandpa for giving us a great night out to celebrate our anniversary!





So, for an update on our favorite little person. Lia is just over 14 months old now. She runs everywhere! She has learned how to not only go upstairs, but can go down them on her belly. She now says a handful of words.... "thanks, Go, no-no, bye-bye, Mama, Dada, All Done (ah- da), more (she can also sign this one) and fish". I love it when she talks... you can tell she has SO much to say. I can't wait until she learns some more words. She also loves giving kisses and hugs too! Love her SOOO much!

Her favorite lovey is still her Christmas baby. However, recently she has been carrying it around a lot less during the day and finding new things to play with and explore. She loves taking things out of cabinets and drawers and putting them back in. It is amazing to me how much she understands even though she doesn't say much. She is still a daredevil climbing on everything and is absolutely fearless. She got stung by a bee at daycare a few weeks ago but was such a trooper! Hopefully she won't be as scared of bees as her mama is!

We have been working on our house- trying to get it decorated more and more and Taylor is currently working on getting the paint stripped from the deck so that we can stain it and clean it up. I think it is a bigger project than he imagined but will look great once its done!


I have been on a mission from God, as I am calling it, to get into the best shape of my life by my 30th bday. I know it is almost 6 months away, but that is why I started now to give myself the time I need. I have been doing Jilian Michaels' 30 day shred 3 times a week, running on the weekends and going to Zumba class on Weds nights and Saturdays. In conjunction I am watching what I eat big time and already seeing the results of my hard work! Once I feel I have reached my goal (I have no set pound I'm looking for, just a feeling and look) I have decided it's time to once again shed my long hair and get a cute bob! That's my personal reward. My hair is currently my crutch, I love it but want something fresh and sassy!

We are loving that is officially Fall! Looking forward to the upcoming weeks. Hoping to get up to the Mountains and enjoy the gorgeous colors and plan to visit a pumpkin patch soon too! Lots of photos to come. For now, I'm going to post some random photos of Lia to catch you up. A few from around the house, with her life size Elmo from mama's friend Kim who works at Sesame Street and hooked Lia up, and some recent ones this weekend playing with her sunglasses. Her hair is long enough to put up into piggies and pony tails and we are loving it!! (I am at least!)
We'll see you soon! xoxox












Just one more... one of her this morning, sitting on the floor engrossed in her cartoon and playing with Mommy's makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.