Sunday, October 3, 2010

Zoo & Mall & Lots of Fun!

We have had a very busy weekend!! Very fun... but very busy! I am ready to call it an early night.

Saturday morning was pretty normal... just hanging out at home and watching Saturday morning cartoons, catching up on some laundry and getting in a morning run. Lia slept in until almost 8 am so that was a nice change. I went eyeglass shopping with my Mom and finally decided on some new specs. They won't be ready for a couple weeks, so pics will have to follow later.

Saturday afternoon, Lia and I went to the zoo for the first time with Kia and Ada. It was Lia's first time at the zoo and her first time riding in a wagon. She was SO good and mellow and just really enjoyed riding around, taking in the people and animals. It was perfect weather... low 70's sunny and plenty of shade.










It was also Lia's first time on a carousel merry go round. I was worried she would hate it, but she ended up doing great. Not tons of excitement or anything, more just trying to figure out what was going on but having fun none the less. She did not want to ride on the animals like Ada did, so she sat with Mama on a peacock bench.




It was fun just watching her face and her reactions to the animals. I can't wait to go back as she gets older. Next is Boo at the Zoo, then Zoo lights around the holidays. Fun! Check out these pics of her and Ada just kicking it in the wagon, (legs up and all) Bffs!




Sunday we got up and cleaned house and went grocery shopping. I am also searching for little decorations to start decorating for the seasons now that we have our house. Check out this adorable scarecrow (Mrs. scarecrow) I picked up today. Isn't she adorable?!? She is hanging by our front door on the porch.



Then we all went and got our flu shots at Lia's pediatrician. She did really good! Only cried a couple seconds after the actual shot.

After flu shots, we decided to go to Cherry Creek Mall to exchange a couple of jeans at Baby Gap. I can't wait until it gets a little cooler and Lia can wear jeans more often... she is so stylish and I am looking forward to dressing her up in some super cute fall and winter outfits!

The mall has all new Looney Toon "germ pit" toys for kids to run around and go crazy on. This was Lia's first time playing in the kids area and boy did she LOVE it! My Mom and Dave were there too. Lia loved climbing on the toys and going through the baby tunnels, but most of all I think she just loved running around. It was so funny and heartwarming to watch her laugh and run around with such a big smile on her face! She was quite the hit! It's a good thing I don't go to the mall often to shop, because I'm pretty sure she will want to play in there every time! Leaving was not fun for the rest of us. :) Here are a few pics of her enjoying every moment!







Our weekend ended at the Masons for a yummy Sunday dinner of Chicken Scampi. Delish!! Our dinner view was complete with a lovely family of deer who have practically taken up residence in their backyard. Beautiful animals, although they are destroying the yard. Lia sure liked them, but not as much as Bella the cow. :)





One busy but Great weekend!
Lia is sleeping peacefully and I think will go get ready to join her in dreamland.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.