Saturday, December 18, 2010

Blogging Update

I am so sorry we have been MIA from the blogging world lately! I am having a hard time finding the time needed to post, but at the same time I miss posting our updates so I am going to try hard to keep this blog current!

Super excited to get a new background custom blog design as well. My girl Amy is going to hook me up with the person who designed her blog and it turned out SO SO cute!

It's been almost 6 weeks since my last post... forever in blogging land. Lia continues to change constantly and add new words/actions/facial expressions/attitude every single day. I LOVE IT!

Thanksgiving this year was a blast! Taylor's parents hosted everyone at their house, so it was super nice and stress free! My parents and brother and sister all came as well. So nice to have everyone in one place. Lia was shy at first with everyone around but then turned the place into her stage. She is such a ham!

I didn't take many pics w/ my camera since Shellie was there with her amazing camera. Unfortunately, I don't have those pics on my computer yet.

Here's a pic of Lia in the truck on the way over and a couple of her walking around in her Mimi's shoes. Too cute!!


On November 27, 2010, we took Lia to get her first ever haircut!  Her hair was getting so long in the back and really uneven so I decided it was time.  We went to Lolilocks in Highlands Ranch.  Amber cut Lia's hair and did such a great job!  I can't imagine it is easy remaining patient while cutting a baby's hair, but the staff there was amazing! They send you home with a certificate and a lock of her hair and a sweet picture as well. I love how her hair turned out, almost like a little bob!

I

Which brings us to December. I feel like we have been going nonstop getting ready for the holidays.

We got our lights up on the house (Taylor did... and did an amazing job!), new wreath for the front door, got our tree up, Christmas cards out and decorated have completed most of our shopping.


We had a slumber party w/ Auntie Carlie and went down to the Denver Botanic Gardens holiday lights w/ our friends Chad and Janna and their kids. It was beautiful; however it was FREEZING! Seeing as how Lia refuses to wear a hat, she was miserable the whole time. It was quite the adventure that's for sure! I did luck out and get one photo with her. When we got back home she had a blast playing with Carlie while getting ready for bed. She kept piling everything she could find on Auntie's lap. Love it! Oh, and she loved Carlie's Mickey Mouse jammie shirt; even gave it a kiss. :)


This last weekend my friends Amy and David were in town for a trip to Vail so we got to see them and spend some time catching up. I met Amy and David when I lived downtown after college. We were both dog mamas and bonded right away. They moved back to Arkansas a few months later but we have stayed in touch ever since. It was so great to see them! I miss them! However I did find out it's only a 12 hour drive to where they live... we are so used to the 12 hour drive as we have done it several times back and forth to Phoenix, so the thought doesn't bother us in the least. Planning a Summer trip out to visit this year, I cannot wait!

We went downtown to meet them and went to the Rio for dinner... love their margaritas! Here's a pic after as we tried to get a good shot in front of the clock tower. It was so beautiful down there this time of year.


As for Miss Lia- She has added so many new words to her vocabulary, I don't think I can even remember them all right now. Her favorites are "baby" and "no". I am loving that she can tell us what she does and doesn't want... we hear a lot of "yesss", or "yeah" and plenty of "No". She says it in such a sweet, soft way though, it makes you laugh. And yes, she is using correctly and we are finding out a whole bunch of things she doesn't want or doesn't want to do! I love watching her grow each day. You can already tell she has the biggest heart by watching her with her 'babies'... she is so nurturing and sweet... I love that little girl!

Lia had a yucky fever yesterday, then seemed better today so tonight went to meet up with Taylor's parents, Nan and cousins to have dinner at Macaroni Grill to celebrate Christmas. Yummy! Lia was not herself at dinner, very antisocial and upset. We came straight home after dinner to find her fever had returned. Back to 103. Yikes!! My poor baby girl, no wonder she wasn't feeling very social at dinner!


Hoping for some good rest for her tonight and a better day tomorrow!

One more sweet picture for the road


Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.