Christmas is by far my favorite holiday and I celebrate it all month of December! The day after Thanksgiving I quickly put all my Thanksgiving decorations away and bust out my Christmas goodies. Each year I find I wish I had more decorations, so this year right after Christmas I am going to stock up once things go on sale. I did have to treat myself to a couple fun new trees for our entry table and lights for the mantle though.
I always like to get our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving but this year we went to Steamboat for a little kid free getaway, so we got it the following weekend. I did get Lia a fun, pink tree this year to put upstairs that we can decorate with my huge collection of Hallmark Barbie ornaments. She LOVED it. Ever since I was little, I dreamed of having a little girl someday so that we could create a special Barbie tree with all my ornaments. I'm not sure who loves it more, her or me!
Taylor worked his magic Thanksgiving weekend and put up all the lights outside our house. It looks beautiful! I especially love the little deer out front and sleigh.
We ended up getting our tree the following weekend and I just love it! It is perfectly shaped and smells so good! Not too big and not too small. It was so much fun having Lia be able to help me decorate this year... although it certainly took longer. :) Somehow we lost our tree skirt too, but found this adorable one at Kohl's. Here is the finished product.
Here is my favorite ornament that Lia surprised me with that they made at her school.
Last weekend we went to the Denver Botanic Gardens lights at Chatfield with Chad, Janna, Addi and Lily. It was FREEZING but the girls had so much fun going on a walk. Much less crowded than the one last year! Here are a few cute pics. Love the hand holding!
Yesterday we went and saw Santa. I was shocked!!! Lia just walked right up to him by herself, sat on his lap with her babies and smiled. She was not the slightest bit scared of him. It was nearly impossible to get a picture of her without her baby in front of her face, but I managed to snag a couple. She even told him what she wanted... a Minnie Mouse shirt. (time for me to get back to the store!)
Then last night, Lia and I had a girls night in. We had delicious microwave dinners, picnic style, in our jammies in the family room while watching movies and snuggled for hours.
One week till Christmas... I CANNOT WAIT!!
Merry Christmas everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment