Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gardens and Chalk Art

As you know, I planted my first big garden on Mother's Day Weekend. It's now been a month and my tomato plants are doing great and my lettuce is finally starting to sprout but nothing from my zucchini plants. I dug around a little in the mounds I planted the seeds only to find the seeds still just as seeds. So yesterday, I got 2 zucchini plants that are already started and a yellow pepper plant. I am so excited for everything to grow and be ready to eat! Here is how my garden is looking as of today.




Speaking of our backyard, I am so excited about our new conversation patio furniture set!! Thank you so much again to the Masons for getting this for us!! I cannot wait to sit outside this summer and just relax! (which was my plan for tonight until it just started raining). :( Here are some pics of our new comfy set and of our entire deck. I think the big backyard and deck are my favorite parts of our house! It's so nice to be out and enjoy this perfect Colorado weather!!




Lia sure likes her new outdoor furniture! Thanks again Grandma and Papa!!




Today we went downtown and met up with my Mom and our wonderful friends BJ and Laura and her daughter, Riley to check out the chalk art festival on Larimer Square. I love being downtown and will take any opportunity I can to get down there and enjoy it. I miss working down there so much!! Anyway, today is the first day of the festival so we were able to walk around and watch the chalk artists create their drawings on the street. There were some very talented artists there! I wish we could go back tomorrow to see all the finished products. Sure wish I wore sunscreen today on my shoulders... I am cooked; ouch!





Check this one out!! It amazes me it is done with chalk!!!!




Here are some pics of Mimi and Lia taking it all in






Girls photo with Riley, Laura, BJ and myself



Our little family



Lia was loving playing w/ BJ and her glasses. I think Lia is into her accessories!!







She is waiting for the day she can eat one of the giant Turkey legs.



The sun wore her out... she slept the whole way home in the car. I love this picture. This is Lia's signature one handed bottle hold.



Looking forward to another busy day tomorrow. The rain has finally stopped... I think I'll go dry off my outdoor couch and go enjoy the sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.