Lia had SO much fun swimming at the house pool in Phoenix, but for some reason, she did not enjoy her first swim lesson as much. I am hoping it was just the time of day... 6:30 is normally dinner time followed by bath and bedtime. Still, we had a good time overall. There are probably 7 other babies in class with her ranging from 7 months to 2 years old.
I'll let the pictures tell the story.
The pool is great-- the classes are taught in the indoor pool. It was pretty busy, and I have to say FULL of chlorine. After 1/2 hour of her splashing around, my eyes were burning like no tomorrow!! I may start being the only Mom there to wear goggles during class. :) It is also super hot and humid in there!! If you aren't in the water, you are practically in a sauna!
Here are some pictures of her doing her lessons. They had us practice floating on their backs, (leaning against Mommy or Daddy), holding onto something and kicking, practicing jumping in the pool (babies just sat on the edge and parents lifted them in) and trying to learn how to blow bubbles underwater. I tried the last lesson with her and it did NOT go so well. I think she swallowed more water than anything. At one point, she just put her head on my shoulder... she was just exhausted. Poor baby girl!
Thursday night went much better!! Taylor got in with her since I was going to the concert in the park near our house right afterwards and didn't want to stink like pool. :) She was a little nervous at first but then really enjoyed playing! There was a big plastic turtle they have floating around and she had so much fun playing on it. I was so worried she would just melt down since she didn't get her afternoon nap, but was pleasantly surprised. I am hoping Tuesday night's episode was just a 1st time thing and she will start really loving the water like her mama does! The best part is at the end of class, everyone goes around bouncing in the water in a circle singing The Hokey Pokey. (well, it's my favorite part at least).
Looking forward to a busy weekend! We are off to the Denver Chalk Art Festival tomorrow at Larimer Square and have a fun cul-de-sac, get to know your neighbors block party on Sunday. I can't wait!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!! xoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment