Monday, June 21, 2010

Jewel, shopping & Father's Day Weekend

We have had a very busy and fun weekend and have the pictures to prove it!

Friday night started out with a little girls' night out. My Mom and Dave had tickets to go see Jewel perform an acoustic concert at the Arvada Center but couldn't use the tickets, so Kia and I were blessed to take their place. Our seats were incredible! We were so close to the stage and had covered seating just in case of that unpredictable summer Colorado weather.

It was a gorgeous Colorado night and perfect night for an outdoor concert. Jewel was AMAZING! She is beyond talented and such a great storyteller and performer. It was a nice, mellow evening. Little did we know you can BYOB, so next time, a little picnic is in order.





When we arrived- they had this life size Jewel cut out they were taking people's photos with. I think it turned out super cute!!



Saturday I woke up with the beginnings of a yucky sinus infection so while Taylor went to the car show with his buddy Chad, I met up with my Mom and Dave to trade off with Lia. They were sweet to take her for the afternoon so I could just rest. I also stopped in Crate and Barrel as we have still not decided on a color scheme or theme for our bedroom so I was hoping they may have a duvet set I would fall in love with... I did find one I like, but not sure if I love it or not. It is much more colorful in person and I think I could do alot around it as the main color... we shall see.



After a little shopping, Taylor and I met up for lunch at La Sandia for his Father's day lunch and hopes that something spicy would clear my sinuses... no such luck, but yummy food none the less! And by far one of the best views from their roof top patio of all of the Denver area.

Saturday night we had steaks at my Mom's then home for an early night.

Sunday was pretty much a regular day around here, except of course it was Taylor's first Father's Day. (Best Dada ever by the way) Lia enjoyed giving Taylor his card and then playing with the envelope. We made yummy pancakes for breakfast and I finally figured out how to poach an egg! (this is a skill I have been working on for a while now... I think I'll have to make some eggs benedict some weekend in the future). We tried out Lia's new play splash pool... she was a little scared and also liked it a little. Hard to tell. I guess we will keep trying to use it as the summer days get hotter and hotter!





Sunday afternoon, Adam, Carlie, Shellie and my Dad all came over for a father's day bbq. Adam and Taylor got a lesson on how to use the camper, as we are going camping this weekend, and the girls all hung out and played with Lia.

Auntie Carlie also brought Lia over her old wicker rocking chair that was given to her when she was little by Mema. Lia looked like such a big girl sitting in that chair. She loved it!! Shellie brought over her camera and got some beautiful shots!! Here's a few of her trying out her new rocking chair.







She was quite the little show off pushing her "shopping cart" walker around as well. Just this last Friday, she figured out how to turn it around so now she no longer gets stuck when she hits the wall. In fact, she is so good at it she just cruises around the main floor of the house. She can navigate around the table, go in and out of the kitchen... pretty much get anywhere she wants to. She loves the freedom! Definitely makes me nervous, but love seeing her having so much fun!






Lia ended up finding the dog door... and went to investigate. I think it's only a matter of time before she tries it out too.






She loved having her Granddad over... and loved giving him his father's day present and cards. I think she had more fun dropping his card to him, especially if it fell to the ground and someone picked it up for her.




Uncle Adam enjoyed some baby practice too for when he has kiddos in the future.



And she got some good snuggle time with Auntie Carlie.




A few more pictures of my munchkin hamming it up for the camera. I love this face so much!!! I ordered her birthday party invitations this weekend... I can't wait to see how they turned out. And I cannot believe I am preparing for her 1st birthday already!! Time is flying and I am loving every minute of this journey of being a Mommy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.