So, last Friday night, we borrowed my Dad's camper and went up to Kenosha Pass (which is just about an hour and 15 minutes west of Denver on 285) to meet up with the Lamicqs for a weekend of camping.
They rented a camper too and reserved us sites right next to each other. The campsite was beautiful!! So many Aspen trees mixed in, I can only imagine how gorgeous it must be when the leaves change in the fall.
This was our first camping trip with Lia and I think overall she did great!! We couldn't get the camper heater working Friday night, so we all slept together like frozen popsicles. Got it working Saturday night and slept great, as did Lia (12 hours). I must say, now that I have had that luxury, I will likely never camp in a tent again, unless it's on a beach somewhere!
Here are some pics from our first night getting acquainted at the site. Ada loved walking around exploring everything. Lia just kind of relaxed and took it in, same for Evi. Benny and Majink (Kia's beagle boys) came along too. They were very well behaved. We sent Bailey to Grandma and Papa's house. He's never been camping and we didn't want to try to have both Lia and Bailey's 1st camping trips at the same time.
After the kids went to bed, we just hung out around the campfire.
On Saturday, Lia got up at the 1st glimpse of sunlight... probably because as I had mentioned, we were freezing so we were all looking forward to the sunshine! We went on a family walk exploring. Lia loved pulling the Aspen leaves and touching the rough tree bark. Then we just hung out around the campsite. It was pretty relaxing. We planned on hiking, but when you have 3 babies and they are all on different schedules, it seemed like it was always someone's nap time. It was a gorgeous sunny day though and just nice to relax and take it easy.
We took a ton of pictures - I'm just going to post as many as I can. Saturday night, Lia was pooped- ready for bed at 6:30. She slept great with the heated camper, as did we. We all got up Sunday morning and packed up to head back to Denver.
Lia was entertaining herself with the sink and the soap while we packed up.
Here are some scenic shots as we pulled out of the campground. So beatiful!
Since the campground was only 15 minutes from Nan's house, we stopped by real quick on the way home to say hi. Lia and Nan enjoyed swinging together and playing with the wind chimes.
Then we headed home... my girl was exhausted. Great trip though with the best of friends!!! Looking forward to many more camping trips in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment