Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

We have had a great Memorial Day weekend filled with friends, food and babies! Also noticed this weekend that Lia's top teeth are starting to come in... no popping through yet but very close. I cannot believe how much she changes daily! Now she is pulling up on everything, (legs, couches, her music table, and best of all in her crib and pack n plays... I LOVE it!) She also loves to cruise behind any type of push walker. She will be walking on her own in no time. She seems to crave her independence and gets so frustrated when she can't walk somewhere she is needing to go. Very fun and keeps us very busy!!



Friday night we ended up heading out last minute for dinner at Chili's and met up with Chad and Janna and their girls; Lily and Addison. Lily is 1 month to the day younger than Lia and Addi is 4. It was fun to put Lily and Lia in high chairs next to each other and watch them interact. I wish I knew what they say to each other in their own little languages.





Saturday we had a nice family day... cleaned house and did laundry (all before 9 am due to Lia waking up at the crack of dawn) and just hung out around the house. I did a little shopping as I needed to find a new swimsuit to wear when Lia starts swim classes this week. Also hung up some window coverings and a black out shade in Lia's room. Sunday she slept in until 6:40 so I am considering the shade a success so far!

Saturday night my Mom and Dave came over and watched Lia so that we could go out with Nicole and Jon and Chad and Janna. Little did we know the UFC fights were on so we ended up watching those and enjoying a few drinks out without the kids. It was really fun to get out... definitely need to take time and make those special nights out to enjoy each other more often!

Sunday morning we went out to Ihop with my Mom. She stayed the night at Lia's request and got up with her Sunday morning so we could try to sleep in a little. Too bad I woke up anyways but it was very sweet of her to help! Then we went over to Chad and Janna's for a little bbq lunch and play date. Lia, Lily and Addi sat outside with us enjoying the cooler weather and sunshine. Lia sure liked the grass, I can't wait to start going to parks now that she is getting older. Lia played with their push Lion/stroller with Addi's help. Addi was so sweet and helpful trying to help Lia walk around. She is a great big sister to Lily and it was just so sweet to see them all interact. Addi was even sharing sips of her capri sun with Lia and Lily. Too cute!










Saturday afternoon and evening we went over to Kia and JRs to have a Memorial Day bbq dinner with their kids and Lia's besties; Ada and Evi. Ada has a water table which Lia just loved. Guess I can add that item to her birthday gift list. :) She ended up dumping water all over herself though, so she had to have an outfit change mid party. The girls played with the doggies and water and we just enjoyed hanging out, eating more good food and enjoying some wine with my bff. The last two years, it seems that one of us has been pregnant so we are just now really enjoying being able to have a glass or two of wine together again!! Love her!!







More water table pictures








Taylor had to work part of the day on Memorial Day, so Lia and I got up and headed to my Mom's. My stepdad whipped us up his famous breakfast of eggs and delicious hashbrowns. We are trying to get Lia to try to eat more than just her baby food fruit and veggies so we have been giving her little bits of new foods. I gave her some eggs today and she seemed to really like them. She didn't gag and actually fed herself. I think we are finally starting to make good progress there!!

Mimi watched Lia and I went downtown to meet up with my girl BJ. I haven't seen her in so long!! We had such a great time today. We went and saw Sex and The City 2, which despite the bad reviews, I loved!! Then we went and saw her new loft downtown... very close to Coors Field. It is beautiful!!

And that wraps up the weekend so far. We are having a family bbq tonight (me, Lia and Taylor) and getting ready to return to the real world again tomorrow. Fun weekend though.

Here is a cute picture I got of Lia this morning playing in her jammies.



And one of me and my little bug out at Hacienda Colorado last weekend. LOVE HER!!!




Happy Memorial Day everyone!!! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.