Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another week... Another blog. :)

Another week down and I remembered to blog about it. Yay! If I keep this up, I am going to treat myself to a little upgraded blog design from cutestblogontheblock.com I love their custom backgrounds and I am just not quite creative enough to figure out how to make mine that cute.

This week flew by which is great as we are on the final countdown for our visit back to Phoenix next weekend. I can hardly wait! Sunny and mid 90's for the forecast! Quite the nice change after the fun rain and SNOW this week! Seriously, on May 12th, 2010, this is what I woke up to!! Crazy, I know.



Thankfully it melted almost as fast as it fell, and after 3 days of being covered, we were able to confirm that all my newly planted flowers we planted last weekend survived this Spring storm. Phew!

While we were playing with Lia Tuesday night, we noticed she can stand up by herself-unsupported!! Not for long of course, but making progress. All she wants to do is stand, stand, stand or walk with someone holding her hands. She does not like to sit still. Let me tell you, we are very busy and only about to get busier when those feet can walk by themselves!

Here are some pics from this week of her playing with her new push walker. And yes, she pulled herself up to a standing position all by herself. I'm such a proud mama!




I bought her a music table this week to try to give her another option to play with something standing up other than her activity center as it just doesn't seem stable to me on the hardwood floors. She loves her table but also loves her shape sorter toys lately. I just noticed she is starting to know that she is supposed to put the shapes through the holes, (she just hasn't quite figured out which shape goes into which hole). :)







Today my Mom and I went up to Flatirons Mall near Boulder to take advantage of one of my favorite kid's clothing stores that my Aunt turned me on to.. Naartjie. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE their stuff!! They have the cutest, little unique kid's items and have it for every age from newborn until I don't even know when.. (scary thought)!~ Anyways, today was their 1 day sale. Everything, including sale items was all 20% off. Lia SCORED! Thank you Mimi!! I can't wait to get the stuff that will fit now washed up and ready for her to wear. She was super cute in the store, hamming it up for the sales ladies as usual. After shopping, we had a girls' lunch at Bloom. I had a white wine flight which had a YUMMY sauvignon blanc in it.. I think it was Hanna? Very light and delicious!

Then we went back to my Mom's so she could watch Lia while I finally used a mani/pedi gift card I received for Christmas. I am the worst when it comes to using gift cards! It was so relaxing! Definitely needed that! Before I left, Lia was playing with her rock band toy... singing and having a fun time dancing to the tunes.







For some reason Lia woke up from her afternoon nap in a crabby mood, so we didn't stay long at Mimi and Grandpa's but headed home. It was so nice out when we got home, we decided to take another trip out to Babies R' Us and pick up a baby style swing to attach to the swingset that came with our house so Lia could kick back and enjoy. Also picked up some fun drums for her.







Finally, just some nice playtime with her buddy Bailey.




Man, I am tired. Time to go eat some dinner and off to bed. We are planting my vegetable garden tomorrow. My awesome hubby dug out the rest of the weeds left by the previous owner and filled it full with fresh soil today so we are all set to plant away tomorrow. Hopefully the spring snowstorms are done for 2010! Enjoy your week ahead! We are off to Phoenix Thursday night, which means I'll be back here on Friday! YES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.