We left Thursday after work and arrived around 8:30 PM Phoenix time. Lia did not sleep on the plane at all, so she was pooped by the time we landed seeing as it was already 2 hours past her normal bedtime. She did so great on the plane. No crying, just lots of pulling up, climbing around and talking/yelling at our plane neighbors. We were really lucky in that we were ended up sharing the row on the plane with a new grandma who was happy to have Lia's company.
As soon as we got our rental car, we hit the road, ready for bed but super hungry. A quick stop at my favorite fast food place and then we were on our way. I LOVE In-N-Out! I think I finally converted Taylor too ... bummer we don't have any in Colorado. If IN-n-Out ever opens a franchise opportunity out here, I am on it!!
It took a while to get Lia back to sleep once we got home, but she settled down after a bit of walking around with her Daddy.
Friday we got up bright and early and headed over to see LeAnn (Lia's 1st daycare) and all her daycare friends. She was so sweet and happy to see everyone again. I sure wish we could have Lia in LeAnn's care everday. She is just the best!! We hung out with Kailey, Emily, Ethan, Caden and Joshy. They were all very happy to see "baby Lia" again.
After Lia's morning nap, Lia and I went and met some of my girls I used to work with in Phoenix for lunch at Chili's. We were supposed to be meeting for my friend Stacey's birthday lunch, but she was super sick (i'm very sad we missed her!!). It was still so great to see Liz, Kari, Sandra, Hilary and Renee! Lia was a great girl, even with our service taking an enormously long amount of time!! Can't a girl just get some fajitas!?!? Lia loves lunching with the girls! Thank you ladies for coming to meet us!! After lunch, we stopped by my old work to say hi to a few more friends... busy afternoon and so much fun! Lia was a little ham, perfoming her one gal show for everyone's entertainment.
After lunch, we came home and joined Taylor by the pool in the backyard. It was Lia's first time in the pool. I thought it might be a little chilly for her, but I think it was simply refreshing to her in the 101 degree heat!! She looked so cute in her little swimsuit. She loved sitting in the pool and splashing everywhere! I think she could have stayed in the water all afternoon. She definitely has some of her mama's Pisces in her!
Here's a little video of my little splasher!
Friday night my good friend Nicole brought her 3 month old baby, Anthony, over for a meet and greet and play date. And SO many thanks to you Nicole for bringing us Anthony's pack n play for Lia to sleep in for her trip!! It was so sweet and thoughtful and made it just one less thing to have to worry about traveling with! Anthony is such a little guy... It's amazing to me how fast they grow! I don't even remember Lia being so small! Lia was pretty good with him, but she is a little rough. :) I don't think she knows her own strength and she just wants to pull up on anything and everything... including babies!
Friday night, Taylor and I sat out back enjoying sitting by the pool in the 90 degree heat and just relaxing. I love Arizona Summer nights!!
Saturday morning I went and met up with my one of my best friends from highschool who I haven't seen in over 10 years!! It was so much fun seeing Erin again and catching up. Crazy how so much can change in our lives in 10 years but so much has stayed the same!! It was like we never spent anytime apart... just like old times!! She looks great too, exactly the same as highshool, even after 2 kids.... lucky girl!! :) We just reconnected this year, come to find out she lived about an hour and a half from Phoenix the whole time we lived there. Small world.
After breakfast our friends Sandra and Ramon brought over their little baby boy, Mateo. He is so mellow and so sweet! And has the most gorgeous brown eyes and dark complexion. He is a stylish little guy too. Lia had fun reading him a story and watching her baby Einstein movie with him. Ramon says they want to move... I'm trying to convince them to come see how beautiful Colorado is so they can be close by! :)
Then we headed on over to Christine and Mike's house for a little bbq to celebrate her 4 year old daughter, Aubrey's, bday and say hi and spend time with them and my old boss and friend Kari and her kiddos; Jacob, Caleb and Joshy. Lia went swimming again. She had fun, but seemed a litte more timid this time around. Maybe it was all the big kids splashing around, but she had fun none the less. She is going to love swimming classes which start next week.
Finally, we went over to Sean and Stacey's house. Stacey was still in the hospital sick, but Lia got to hang out with her buddy Shane for a bit. Shane is 7 weeks older than Lia- hard to believe he turns 1 this week!! He is so darn cute, running around and smiling with a MOUTHFUL of teeth! I could just eat him up!! I am so sad we didn't get to spend time with Stacey though!!! :(
And that ends our fun filled, jam packed weekend!! We had to get up at 5:30 AM today to get packed up and on the road to the airport by 6:30. Ugh. Lia was awesome again on the plane ride home! No crying, just lots of playing. Flying time was right at naptime so as soon as we landed and were able to get her carseat from gate check, she passed out before we even got to baggage claim. Two hours later, we were finally home and unpacked. Great weekend!! I am happy to be home, but I miss all our friends in Phoenix so much!!! Hopefully we can make it down there again soon.
Here's a couple of pictures of Lia on the plane playing and passed out upon arrival. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment