The drive up was stunning... such a nice reminder of why we moved back to Colorado. I tried to get some pics but my camera battery was running low, so only was able to get one.
We enjoyed just hanging out, Lia mainly played with her toys or requested to be carried around by Mama or Dada. Here are some pics of Lia playing with the fake dog Nan has... she loved it. Man is it hard to get her to smile when a flash goes... her eyes were closing each time.
Here are a couple photos of Mama and Lia... she is soooo sweet!
Sunday morning... my 1st official Mother's Day! I woke up at almost 7 am... thanks to my daughter sleeping in; great start to the day! Then Taylor went and picked up Starbucks' Lattes and a cheese plate. (I didn't want to eat much since I knew we would be going to brunch). Lia got a small cup too. No real coffee for her, but she loved playing with the cup. I would upload a picture, except my husband just put my memory card from my camera phone into the wrong slot and now we can't get it out. :(
After coffee, we spent a little time tidying up the house as Sundays are my cleaning day and got ready and went to meet Mimi, Grandpa, and Uncle Adam at the Tavern at Lowry for Mother's Day brunch. It was delicious!!! Great food and $8 bottomless mimosas. I only drank two, but good deal none the less. All mothers received a rose at the end of the meal which was a special treat.

You can see the lavender rose I got mixed in with the beautiful flowers from Taylor and Lia.
After brunch, we stopped by and saw Granddad and Yia Yia and Auntie Carlie. They gave me a beautiful picture frame and great book! Such a wonderful family!!
After that we headed to Home Depot to pick out some flowers to fill the wine barrels in my front and back yard. Mimi and Grandpa and Uncle Adam all came to help. Not sure we got enough flowers, but off to a great start! Picked up some basil, cilantro and chives to grow as well. I cannot wait to get my garden planted next weekend and enjoy fresh veggies all Summer! Here are some before and after pics of the flower pots.
Finally, some pics of Mimi and Lia and the volunteer crew helping plant. If you can't see Lia's shirt, it was a gift from her Auntie Lola and says "My Mom is my B.F.F." too cute!!!
Ok, off to go grocery shopping and get ready for the upcoming week. Sad this weekend is over already, but what a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment