Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We had a very busy and very fun 4th of July weekend filled with friends, family, sun and art. It went by way too fast, as all the weekends seem to do lately. I feel like I never have enough time to do everything I want and need to do. Ah well, such is life.

Saturday we went over to Taylor's parents for a 4th of July bbq. It was super hot but somewhat cloudy so that helped ease the pain of the heat. Grandma and Papa got Lia the cutest 4th of July tankini. She looked so darn cute in it! We decided to skip the swim diaper and let Lia swim in her regular diaper. Now I know why people use swim diapers... Lia's diaper filled up with pool water and made her look like she had a huge booty! It was hilarious! We took it off after swimming and it weighed 2 pounds!

Here are some pics of her with the family and in her swimsuit. We also opened up her new floating raft. She loved it! The pool heater wasn't working right so the water was COLD... apparently I was the only one brave enough (crazy enough) to get in with her.




















As you can see, she is obsessed with her stuffed "babies". She has a few that she refuses to be without. Her current favorite is her Merry Christmas doll I got her for her at Christmas. It is supposed to stay at her daycare for nap times, but lately she refuses to leave it so we have been taking it home on weekends. Go figure it is a Christmas edition, so it will be at least 5 months before I can find a duplicate.

The biggest news of the day was that Lia went from taking a couple steps here and there to full on walking across the room!! She just took off walking back and forth. It was so much fun seeing her take on and embrace her new independence!!

After going home for a brief nap, we headed over to my best friend's house for a slumber party. Kia and I decided it would be a fun thing to try to do so that we could actually hang out past 7 PM without one of us having to go home to put our kids to bed. :) It worked out great! A few people came over to watch the UFC fight and hang out for a while as well. Lia got to play with her cousins Ada and Evi. Lia did great. We brought over Lia's pack n play and set it up in Evi's room. Lia went straight to bed without any problems and slept till just about 7. :) I didn't take very many pics but I will post the few I did.





When we got up in the morning, Lia found a shopping cart Ada has and it had a toy baby bottle in it. She was pretending to drink from it and it was cracking us up!




We all went to brunch then home to get ready for our 4th plans. On the 4th, we went down to the Cherry Creek Art Festival. It was cloudy and nice and cool... perfect weather for walking around! We met up with my Dad and Shellie who bought us this beautiful print of fishies we are going to frame and hang in our bedroom.

Then we went over to my Dad's house for a bbq dinner. Lia refused to take a nap so it was a long afternoon but she had lots of fun walking all over the place and playing with Granddad, Yia Yia and Uncle Adam. (Auntie Carlie was still in San Diego.) I didn't have my camera however, so no pics to post.

We had planned to go to watch the fireworks that night but between Lia being exhausted and the thunderstorms we just ended up coming home and watching what we could see from our upstair windows.

Sunday was a fun day of shopping for the house and decorating it. Finally got some cute throw pillows and pictures hung up and ordered our duvet cover and bed. Everything arrived and it looks beautiful!! Happy times!! It's finally starting to feel more like a home.

This is the duvet cover we went with; loving the color, it adds such a fun punch of warmth and brightness to our room!



This weekend was a blast too... I didn't have my camera, so waiting for Kia to email photos and I will add another post. I'll leave you with these pics of Lia exploring her latest find... the stairs. Have no fear, we installed gates this weekend too.





Hope everyone has had a great week and weekend... see you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.