Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Update ~ Sublime

Wow, where did this weekend go??! I am in shock that it is already Sunday night at 8:45 and I am getting ready to head off to bed and back to work tomorrow.

We had such a BUSY but super fun weekend!

Friday night my friend Janna came over after the kids went to bed and we sat out on our deck chatting and enjoying a glass of wine. I was so excited to sit out back and then a huge, sudden hail storm soaked everything! I was not going to let that stop me though... so we still sat outside, just on top of some towels. A little chillier than planned, but fun none the less.

Saturday morning Taylor had to work so I got up early with Lia and we went for a nice walk over to Janna's house for coffee to start our weekend off. The weather has been just beautiful lately. I am loving being home in Colorado enjoying this perfect Summer weather! After being pregnant in July in Phoenix last Summer, I really appreciate any temperature less than 115 degrees!

After we walked home, we headed over to pick up my Mom to go up to Flatirons Mall and have a little birthday shopping spree for my little princess at my favorite store EVER, Naartjie. Let's just say Lia scored some adorable outfits for the next stage (12-18 months). She is actually starting to outgrow the majority of her clothes that we have had since her baby shower. I am so sad to put it all away. My baby is growing up.

It was a beautiful day so after shopping, my Mom, Lia and I enjoyed a great lunch on the patio at the Village Tavern. Delicious!

After shopping, we headed back to Cherry Creek so Taylor could come get Lia and my Mom and I went to Cherry Creek Mall so I could find a cute new top and some new jeans for myself. Finding cute jeans that fit is usually a thankless, horrible, depressing mission... but this time, I was not only successful finding everything I had in mind, but we did in about half an hour. Success!

Then it was over to 5th Avenue nails for a long overdue pedicure. Thank you Mom! My feet are so happy now!

Saturday night, my Mom came over to watch Lia, while we went to to Red Rocks to see Sublime as a belated birthday celebration for Kia. She didn't celebrate last year as she was pregnant and I was pregnant and in Arizona, so this year wanted to do something special. It was just the four of us that went and we had an amazing time. It was great getting to spend some adult time together and couple time together too, although I did miss my baby! Kia and I busted out our camera phones and shared recent pics of our babies. So funny!

Aren't these rocks just gorgeous?? I love going to concerts here!












Lucky guy!




Lucky girl!



The guys being silly



This picture cracks me up... Taylor was so nice to carry my sweatshirt for me... but it was super windy so he tied it around his waist. Strike a pose!



Finally, some self portraits and the infamous kissy faces. Great night!! Happy birthday Lola!




Today we took it easy. My Mom ended up staying last night since the concert got out so late so we all went out to breakfast this morning to The Egg and I. YUMMY! Then hit up the farmer's market and got some yummy green tomatoes that we fried up tonight and they were delicious! Ran a few errands now back at home and ready to call it a night.

It's my last week with my baby before she turns 1 this Saturday.
Very bittersweet for me! I'll be soaking up every moment that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 35 year old married mama of a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl and a 2 1/2 year old girl. We currently live in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado. I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We just enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for the life we have been blessed with.